Memorial Day weekend, we were able to fit in a few fun visits.
First, we drove down to Kingman to meet the newest member of the Alleman family, Drew Wade. I am so excited that John has a boy cousin so close in age! It was amazing to hold little three-week-old Drew after being so accustomed to my (at the time) 11-month-old "baby". I love those precious, sleeping newborns! Drew was so adorable that I was almost convinced I needed another newborn, but upon being reminded of the strenuous schedule of frequent nursing and little sleep, I think I can hold off until John is a bit older :) It was so fun to visit with the Kingman crew and Matt's parents. Wade and Steph always treat us to delicious food and fun conversation, and it was exciting to see the speedy addition to their beautiful Southwest home.
We drove back to Vegas Saturday night, then hopped back in the car Sunday morning to meet two of Matt's friends from Russia in Mesquite. Irina and Lena are two very kind, impressive sisters who Matt was able to teach and baptize on his mission. They both have since served missions, and Irina is teaching at the MTC in Provo, UT. Lena came to the states to visit her sister, and they were on a weekend excursion to Zion National Park. It is so rare to be within an hour or two of Russian friends, so we decided to meet half way in Mesquite. The LDS church is such an integral part of these girls' lives and happiness; Matt is always excited when the people he served in Russia are doing so well.
We finished off the weekend with a patriotic barbeque with friends in Vegas. It was a fun and full weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment