Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Smile!

On Sunday, John started smiling socially! He's been increasingly alert and attentive lately. He's awake more and his eyes are trying to focus on people and surroundings. I've loved his efforts to respond to me. So far, the most common response is a fury of leg kicking. He'll be staring at my face, eyes wide, mouth pursed, and will kick away eagerly. Then on Sunday, he added a few smiles to the leg kicking! Other moms are so right when they say that first smile is so gratifying! He smiles a lot, but usually they're attached to gas... not quite as exciting as social smiling but still adorable! Here's a picture of our little guy trying to tell us all about something:
Great week! He's still up every 2 hours or so at night, but he's a happy kid. I'm keeping busy with him and developing this tutoring business. I am counting the days until Matt's break, when we will head North to Elko and Utah to escape the heat. Can't wait to eat, walk, hike, talk, and do everything possible outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment