Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blessing John Sterling

We just had a wonderful weekend celebrating John! Many members of our families were able to come, so we had quite the fun party! Family came in town in waves, and we had a great time introducing John to a few new faces in addition to celebrating with family he's already had the opportunity of meeting.

Here's John Sterling with his Great-Grandpa Sterling:
All of our family stayed at the beautiful JW hotel down the street from us, so we were able to enjoy their pool several times. John was shocked at the temperature the first time we tried the pool.
But then he started enjoying kicking around!
Saturday night all Alleman and Colton family got together for dinner. Matt's parents catered a delicious Cafe Rio meal which we enjoyed at our local church building. It was a great venue for kids to play, adults to socialize, and all Cougar fans to watch the BYU vs Washington football game!
Sunday we dressed for some family pictures before the big event.
Allemans
Coltons
Then we dressed John in his adorable blessing outfit. My mom found this in D.C., where many Catholics christen their babies. I love the little vest and tie!
John's blessing was beautiful. Matt's mom and sister Kori transcribed a copy so we have a record of the blessing. John has infinite potential to do amazing things! I was overwhelmed with the strong affirmation of love in John's life- the love of an aware Heavenly Father as well as the love of a vast family. I pray that I can raise John to live up to all of the blessings he was promised. Parenting can seem a daunting task, but when I feel that strength and love from God, I know John will be ok. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I'm not on my own helping John reach his potential!

After the blessing, our friends and family headed to our house for a light lunch. We had fun socializing for hours!
The Grandmas and Greats!
We were sad to say goodbye, but we had such a fun time celebrating this special little guy! Thanks to everyone who was able to attend. We are so grateful for the love and support of many!
If you're interested in seeing more pictures, here's our web album of photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/beccaalleman/BlessingJohnSterling?authkey=Gv1sRgCKPrwZ-hy6uvuAE#

5 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like such a great weekend! John looks so cute in his blessing outfit. I totally feel you on being able to live up to our potential as mothers of Heavenly Father's choice spirits. Wish we could have been there. You are such a beautiful family and John is blessed to have such wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so sorry we missed the blessing! Looks like the entire weekend was a blessing for you guys! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! Thanks for letting us be apart of it! We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun... aren't we glad to know we are not alone in the journey of parenthood?

    can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet week with family! I'm sure you had a wonderful time. Sorry things didn't work out when you guys were here--please let us know next time you are in town. We always love spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete