We took a splendid break from packing boxes in Vegas to find out some very exciting news! On May 10, at 10 AM, Matt, John, and I watched an ultrasound of our baby GIRL!!!!!
I thought it might be a girl... This pregnancy has been very different from my experience with John. Symptoms at different onsets and intensities, and overall a whole lot more nausea and throwing up. A few people have relayed a funny old wive's tale to me that applies very well to my experience: Little girls drain the beauty right out of their mommas! This time I did have brittle hair and nails, dry skin, acne, weight loss, and other fun effects (thankfully most of those are behind me now), so this little saying makes me laugh. Often pregnancies vary even with the same gender, so I was prepared and excited for either.
I did not realize just how excited I would be. I have truly loved having a boy, we have lots of great boy clothes and toys, and having two boys together is fun, but WOW I am so excited to have a girl! This past week my Grandma Sandi totally indulged me by taking me to the outlets in Williamsburg (blog on that fun visit later) to admire girl clothes with me in all the baby stores (and buying a few reallly cute outfits!). Also, Matt and I are both from alternating families (GBGB), so I'm very comfortable with and excited for the moderating influence of alternating genders.
We are starting to brainstorm names and nursery colors, and we are just so excited to meet this little miss! Thankfully she is healthy so far and I'm doing much better nutritionally; so I just hope and pray she comes out healthy and happy in the beginning of October!
Here are pictures of our baby girl in action:
Moving her hands around
Cute little foot
Lovely profile
Love you so much already, baby girl!




Yea for baby girls!! Her profile is darling!
ReplyDelete