Sunday, May 27, 2012

Easter 2012

Alright, catch up time.  We are in limbo during our move from Vegas to CT, and I finally have some down time to recap some of the events of the past two months.

First stop: Easter.  John participated in a large toddler Easter egg hunt that was really fun!  John caught on quickly and enjoyed putting the eggs in the basket.

Easter Sunday morning, Matt and I spoke in church.  Despite my anxiety about being asked to speak on such a significant day, both talks turned out well and it was such a great opportunity to focus my thoughts on Christ while preparing the talk the two weeks leading up to Easter.  I spoke on emulating Christ, specifically in our treatment of others.  I loved the examples and scriptures I found, and there were many directly applicable (daily life) points, however, I did not pay attention to time and took most (all) of Matt's time!  For the meeting to end on time, Matt condensed his thoughts into a 4 minute testimony.  His testimony was very powerful, but I felt bad that he didn't get a chance to share more of his talk on the significance of the Resurrection.  Lesson well learned for me- mark the clock when you start and wrap up when your 10 minutes are up.  Sorry Matt...

John woke up from his nap to a belated delivery from the Easter Bunny.  I gathered all bunny and chocolate items on hand, and supplemented the already owned items with some Cadbury Cream Eggs purchased specifically for this purpose.  John sure got a kick out of delicious chocolate eggs with a chick on the front of the box.  I wish I could've captured his deep voiced enthusiasm and wide eyes, "Tata (chocolate) Eggs!"


Overall, a great Easter filled with spiritual edification, cute toddler enthusiasm, and tasty chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment