We had such a wonderful third week! John is becoming more alert and I might be biased but I think he's getting cuter and cuter every week! The whole Colton family came to Vegas, so John met his uncles and Grandpa Colton. My mom and sister have been staying at our house, providing such a tremendous help with food, cleaning, diapers, and soothing John. When the whole fam was here, they stayed at the JW Marriott near us, so we were able to enjoy the pool!
John wasn't able to swim, but he was definitely dressed for the occasion! (Thank you to the Young Women's leaders at my church!)
Grandma and Grandpa Colton.
Aunt Jane, Grandpa Colton, and Uncle Thomas enjoying the refreshing pool.
Another big outing, we all went down to the Bellagio to look at the Conservatorium (my favorite attraction on the Strip). They had a wonderful bug and garden theme (note the green shovel behind my mom).
My amazing Aunt Carolyn designed and put together this "Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile" quilt. She designs a quilt for each of her great-nieces and great-nephews! This quilt is now the main attraction in the nursery and I've already enjoyed many hours looking at it while feeding John.
John's umbilical cord fell off, so now we can give him real baths! He loves the warm water and actually enjoys baths now (whereas he would just demonstrate his healthiest, loudest cry during sponge baths!).
Now he thinks he runs this place! I love how alert and involved he is now!
On a sadder note, I did have to say goodbye to my mom on Monday. She was such an amazing help to us and I miss her company tremendously. As a thank you for all her help, Matt and I (mostly Matt) put together this video:
We miss you so much already!
becca. i aggree. i didnt think it was possible for that little man to get any cuter and he's done it! i can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeleteps. you look GREAT for just having a baby 3 weeks ago.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
and miss you.
I got news for you sister, John DOES run the place now :)
ReplyDeleteHe is cuter! And he looks so much like Matt did as a baby! I can't wait to hold him! He needs his Aunt Kori to snuggle him.
ReplyDelete