Monday, March 5, 2012

Ultimate Trifecta

Wow! It is hard to adequately word our gratitude and excitement in this post. There have been three major prayers in our heart the past year (or more), and all three were answered at the same time! Seriously, all three came to fruition on the same day. Kind of amazing!

1) Matt matched to a residency in oral & maxillofacial surgery!! HUGE goal, huge blessing. And he matched to our number one choice, St. Raphael/Yale-New Haven. We are SO excited that Matt will be able to enter his dream field, train at an excellent program, and that we will be able to explore New England for 4 years. What an adventure! We move to New Haven, CT right after Matt graduates in May.
New Haven

2) We're having another baby!! Due October 8. That means John will have a sibling 2 years and 4 months younger than him, which is such a fun and manageable (I say now) distance. I'm excited to have our oldest close together, and I'm THRILLED that Scott and Brittany are having a baby September 21st! Close cousins are so fun! All of our travels and move will be during the second trimester, and hopefully baby comes right during Matt's anesthesiology rotation (easiest 4 months of residency). Now just praying for smooth sailing and good health!

John and this T-shirt were our method of sharing the news.

3) We sold our house!! This was potentially the biggest saboteur of sleep and peace of mind. The economy stinks, the market in Vegas went from bad (when we bought, thinking it was an amazing deal) to worse, but we were able to get out by the skin of our teeth. We worked with an amazing realtor, staged our house to the point of neurosis, and we sold within one week of walk-throughs and closed within three weeks of listing! SUCH a blessing. Staging and showing a house is such a pain, especially with a toddler. I am just so happy it's all over. We are renting back until we move in May, so we are able to just breath easy and enjoy our time here in Vegas!

To preserve documentation of our efforts staging the house,
here are a few pictures from the MLS posting:
We do love this house! It has been so enjoyable for us.

Again, quite the month, quite the blessings! We are so excited for our next adventures!




2 comments:

  1. Great News on all three counts! Congratulations x 3 (btw I like John's room the best ;-)) I'll add your new quilt to the queue.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What wonderful blessings! I am SOOO happy for you guys on all three accounts! What an exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete