The highlight of this year's Valentine's Day: I got to hear the heartbeat of my new baby for the first time!! Baby was barely over 6 weeks, but amazingly we could still hear the slow beating of it's brand new heart. There is something so powerful, driving home the reality of the pregnancy and vitality of this tiny fetus. Made my day!
Here's a tiny picture of the bean-shaped babe and a recording of the new heartbeat:

Then, for a family Valentine's activity (I wanted to involve John in something hands-on and fun, I'm not so craftsy, and we all like food), we made Jello hearts! John enjoyed the process of cutting and placing on a plate even more than eating them!


After we put John down, Matt and I went all out making dinner for each other. Matt made amazing Beef Wellington (holy cow, labor-intensive but so dang tasty), I made rosemary potatoes and German Chocolate Cake. Matt surprised me with a fancy drink, chocolates, and a movie (love this tradition!), and surprised John with a movie as well.
Overall, a very enjoyable and heart-filled Valentine's day!
(John placed every heart, but this picture is after a little rearrangement help from me)
A tasty and fun treat!
What a beautiful bean baby! And.....That Beef Wellington looks awesome!
ReplyDelete